Tuesday 27 February 2007

Rocky Territory

You should always know where you're standing, but it seems Anna Davidson made a slight error on this part yesterday, a source has told me.

In a Geology Class yesterday, she said "As most of us here wont be working with our degrees i will campaign for transferable skills"... unfortunately for Anna, Geology is one area where most people do work in their degrees - according to the same source, "90% of 2:1 or better and 75% of 2:2 students work in postgrad, the industry, teaching or other related industries".

Dodgy ground it seems for Miss Davidson.

5 comments:

H Archambault said...

I think every candidate who has gone out and worked hard these last couple of weeks can think of a few times when they might have said something that wasn't ideal for that particular context. I think her main point, that a lot of university students are graduating with degrees that are at best only tangentially related to the work they do later, is a good one. I can understand, though, that it may not have been as relevant a point for the students in that lecture.
Yes, I do support Anna so it probably isn't surprising that I would defend her on this, but I don't see the point in picking her out specifically to snipe at, when probably all the candidates would be vulnerable to this if targeted.

Jordan D said...

Hannah - in response, let me make it clear that this blog is sniping at any candidate in particular. This blog is about the more amusing, the offbeat, and the very different side of elections that people don't normally hear.

My commentary on Anna in Geology was something I thought showed something offbeat, and I posted it - that what blogging is about.

Ellie said...

how come you haven't said anything offbeat about josh or other labour candidates yet?

Jordan D said...

Ellie - simply because I haven't heard anything about them ... when I do, I post it. Maybe this says something about who's going offbeat in the elections?

Jordan D said...

Error in my first response .. should read "this blog isn't sniping at any candidate ..."

Maybe a freudian slip ... I'll et you decide!